- Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor
- Press Ctrl+G to open the Immediate window
- In the Immediate window, type
- Press Enter
- Click the red X in the upper right of the VBA editor window to close it
- Breathe a sigh of relief. Your presentation is fixed.
If you prefer a macro that you can re-use, this code will switch the layout direction each time you run it. If the presentation is Left-to-Right, it makes it Right-to-Left and vice versa.
Sub ToggleDirection() If ActivePresentation.LayoutDirection = ppDirectionMixed Then MsgBox "Presentation has mixed layout direction; cannot change" Exit Sub End If If ActivePresentation.LayoutDirection = ppDirectionRightToLeft Then MsgBox "Presentation was Right to Left" & vbCrLf _ & "Converting it to Left to Right" ActivePresentation.LayoutDirection = ppDirectionLeftToRight Else MsgBox "Presentation was Left to Right" & vbCrLf _ & "Converting it to Right to Left" ActivePresentation.LayoutDirection = ppDirectionRightToLeft End If End Sub